Philadelphia says Merry Christmas! (Now piss off).

So, here's the spirit of the season in Philadelphia.    It's a wonderful one, really - from a city that threw snow and ice balls as Santa during a home game and a city where the violent crime rate rises every year as we get closer to Christmas.  (Good news...the theft and property crime rates goes up so much it makes the violent crime rate look like it's going down!  Yay!  Thefts and retail thefts stirring all through the night!)

Everywhere I look for the last few days, there's nothing but petty, bigoted, spiteful ignorance from the people I work around - in a season that's supposed to be about caring and giving.


Examples.

I'm trying to help someone online who has been having some problems, by suggesting that they talk with a company that can help them get some new gigs.    This isn't someone I know that well - but I respect her opinion, and offered the random advice (with a "feel free to tell me to shut up" disclaimer) given that I know someone at the company I was suggesting.   Trying to be nice - making it clear that I'm not making any assumptions and just offering to contact a friend of mine on her behalf.

The response?    Was being bitch slapped by a digital wet mackerel.  And then having my good willed attempt rephrased to her followers as a random, bitchy tweet flavored heavily with "oh woah is me".

So, yep.  "Merry Christmas from Philadelphia."



We had a guy come into the district who was high on coke.   Like obviously high on coke.  We don't even have to test (although we did) - he is high as a mother fucker, on coke.   His response?   "I never snorted coke in my life.   You just trying to keep a man down!".    

So we say - "You have a history of selling and using cocaine.  Your RAP sheet is a mile long.   You obviously have a problem with it.   We're not trying to bang you up on a new sentence - we're willing to divert you to a treatment program if you'll admit what you're using."

"Fuck you, I ain't never used coke, and you can't prove it.   You wanna help, stop locking people up and taken away they christmases."

So we say, "Seriously.    You're the one high on coke.   You're making this choice.  We're trying not to have to lock you up, here.   We divert you into a treatment program, and they'll let you have passes to see your family for the holidays.   We put you in lockup, and you'll be there for six months before you see a drug court Judge.   Work with us."

"Fuck.   You.   You just trying to fuck my life."

So, yep.   "Merry Christmas from Philadelphia."



Driving on the way back from district last night, I was trying to keep a positive spirit.  I've had a flu for three days, and a fever for two, and arrested seven people today for various crimes - all of whom are going to miss Christmas.   All of whom blamed us, for their (use of drugs, retail theft, new criminal charges out of state, possession of illicit substances...).  

I'm trying as hard as a bastard to have a positive vibe on my way home.  To remind myself that they got locked up because of their own choices, not because of us.  Because we're human too - nobody wants to feel like they ruined Christmas.

So when a car cuts across me and runs into the oncoming traffic lane, I let it go.   Deep breath.  I heard someone radio it in, so I'm off duty.   Everyone in Philly drives like an asshole - no one was hurt.   Then she runs a red light, and narrowly misses a pedestrian.  Deep breath.  No one is hurt.

At the next intersection, I see her car crushed into the side of a police cruiser.   She's out on the street, screaming like a harridan at the officer, who's sporting a bloody lip while trying to put cuffs on.   I can hear through my window the "(censored) (censored) (censored) white (censored) racist (censored) (censored) cunt." rant.   I have the satisfaction of seeing her slammed against the hood and arrested.  

Meanwhile the crowd around starts chanting "black lives matter" and holding up smart phone cameras.    Because she's the victim here.  After she drove into oncoming traffic.   And nearly killed a pedestrian.  And rammed into a cop coming through an intersection.   And cursed out the officer.   And resisted arrest.   She's the victim.

Because everyone in this fucking city is a victim - and when they get arrested, or served, or locked up, or convicted, or even just ticketed - it's "the man with the badge" ruining their Christmas.


So.  Merry Christmas, from Philly.

Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things a Dominant Needs from a Submissive

Parenting when you're a Pervert (originally from FL)

Positional Aphyxiation, vs. a Knee on the Neck - and why it makes a difference (and why you pencil necked twerps need to get it right...)