We Aren't Going to Agree, Kinkster Community

We aren't going to agree on everything.  

And that's okay.

As a matter of fact, that's great.   It's enlivening, empowering and magical.    That's what made the United States into such a unique country in the first place - differences which could be discussed in a (mostly) rational manner, and common ground made into common cause.  

You don't have to agree with me.   Many don't.   This isn't a "agree with me, my sycophantic flying monkeys!" kind of blog.    This is a Rant Blog.   It's going to generate some static.   I understand that.   Amazingly, a lot of the people who disagree with me still read my rants and reply privately to them.  I'm grateful for that - any man who lives without outside opinion is a man removed from humanity in general.

You don't have to like how I say things.   I can be caustic.   I try very hard to only make public the rants that I have left to "season" for a while; I can tone them down appropriately with a little distance.   I have ranks upon ranks of rants unpublished and unpublic'ed, because they're just too full of vitriol.   But I try, while "seasoning" a writing, to make it rational.   To make allowances for the fact that I might be (and often am) wrong about things.   

You don't even have to like me.   I don't ask for that.   At least, I don't think I do.  I'm a dinosaur in many respects - and I don't apologize for my (politely phrased) "quaint" views on modern topics.   My daughter likes me.   My girl (mostly) likes me.  That's all one man has a right to ask.  

What I do ask is that you read with an open mind.   That you listen to the whole thought, before you start arguing.   That if you don't agree, you at least find it entertaining.   And that if and when you disagree with me (and you will, I promise), you express it to me in a way that starts a dialogue, rather than a smear campaign.

Dialogues might just prove me wrong.   Smear campaigns generally just prove me right.

Thank you, and good night.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things a Dominant Needs from a Submissive

Parenting when you're a Pervert (originally from FL)

Positional Aphyxiation, vs. a Knee on the Neck - and why it makes a difference (and why you pencil necked twerps need to get it right...)