Apparently I'm a scum bag. Awesome.

So apparently I’m a scum bag.   A “cishet” scumbag.   This is awesome.    Seriously.  Someone went on Tumblr (under the tags #cishet , #sexist and #pig) and said it, so it must be so, right?     I didn’t even know what “cishet” meant, until this point.   So hey, I learned a new word!  

Actually, my internet friend (and yes, I do know who you are behind your Tumblr icon)...what I am is a person with an opinion, and the right to express it.   You say that you have the right to be what you wish, yes?   To express yourself through how you dress, how you speak, and how you feel?

Well, so do I.  

I am sick of people apologizing for who I am.   That was the point of the rant that angered you so much.   It’s an expression of what I view as my identity, and my feelings towards those who act ashamed of my concept of male identity, or who apologize on my behalf for my male identity. 

I am sick of people declaring that I’m an oppressor, so that my opinion doesn’t have to matter anymore.  Or that I’m a “part of the <insert-phrase-here> power structure”, so nothing I say has any real truth.   Or better yet, that no opinion matters except “<insert-sub-group-of-minority-here>”, so they feel good about ignoring how people feel and think.   

And I’m really tired of being told I’m supposed to think or feel a different way, because my thoughts and feelings are “wrong”.    They aren’t wrong.   They’re mine.  They are my personal feelings and thoughts, given form in a rant.   The rant is put out there to get it off my chest, and because some people seem to find it entertaining to read when I blow up at something.    Either way – it’s my personal opinion, not some “oppressive statement”.   It’s that freedom of expression thing, yes?   

So…people who act like something is wrong with you, and then you get angry and rant about it online?   Perhaps it’s a feeling you can understand.

And given that I respect your opinions, your diatribes and your choices, even when I disagree with them, I’m tickled pink that you don’t respect mine.    I guess respect only goes one way, ne pas? 

Thank you for proving my point about hypocrisy being rampant among the finger pointers of the world. 

And by the way – the odds are high that you didn’t find my blog on accident.  So either you were searching for something to piss you off, or you were looking for something to argue with, or you were sent here by someone who was trying to piss you off.

Hope you enjoyed it.  

Also – for the person who emailed me with a nice long hate mail about my being a part of the “opressive white-mail dominated world” – I’m not white.   Nor am I an envelope with a stamp.   I’m Red.   Native American, you dig?  


Have a nice day, and a good weekend.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Things a Dominant Needs from a Submissive

Parenting when you're a Pervert (originally from FL)

Positional Aphyxiation, vs. a Knee on the Neck - and why it makes a difference (and why you pencil necked twerps need to get it right...)